A BANNED driver caught behind the wheel of a car in Wisbech town centre in the early hours of Saturday was more than three times the alcohol limit. And on Wednesday Sebastian Radecki was warned that he could be jailed. The risk involved in this sort of o
A BANNED driver caught behind the wheel of a car in Wisbech town centre in the early hours of Saturday was more than three times the alcohol limit.
And on Wednesday Sebastian Radecki was warned that he could be jailed.
"The risk involved in this sort of offence, when you were barely able to stand up, was possible serious injury to yourself and others," he was told by presiding magistrate Alan Jones. "That is not acceptable."
Radecki, 27, of Ferry Lane, Newton, had been banned from driving for 20 months on August 16.
CCTV operators alerted police after seeing three men staggering around near a car in St Peter's Road in Wisbech just before 2am, said prosecutor Andrew Williams.
The car moved off and when police stopped the Vauxhall Cavalier, Radecki failed a breath test. He gave a reading of 109 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35.
- 1 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 2 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
Radecki admitted drink-driving, driving when disqualified, and having no insurance. He is due to be sentenced on October 11.