A BANNED driver caught behind the wheel of a car in Wisbech town centre in the early hours of Saturday was more than three times the alcohol limit. And on Wednesday Sebastian Radecki was warned that he could be jailed. The risk involved in this sort of o
A BANNED driver caught behind the wheel of a car in Wisbech town centre in the early hours of Saturday was more than three times the alcohol limit.
And on Wednesday Sebastian Radecki was warned that he could be jailed.
"The risk involved in this sort of offence, when you were barely able to stand up, was possible serious injury to yourself and others," he was told by presiding magistrate Alan Jones. "That is not acceptable."
Radecki, 27, of Ferry Lane, Newton, had been banned from driving for 20 months on August 16.
CCTV operators alerted police after seeing three men staggering around near a car in St Peter's Road in Wisbech just before 2am, said prosecutor Andrew Williams.
The car moved off and when police stopped the Vauxhall Cavalier, Radecki failed a breath test. He gave a reading of 109 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 7 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
Radecki admitted drink-driving, driving when disqualified, and having no insurance. He is due to be sentenced on October 11.