A BANNED driver caught behind the wheel of a car in Wisbech town centre in the early hours of Saturday was more than three times the alcohol limit. And on Wednesday Sebastian Radecki was warned that he could be jailed. The risk involved in this sort of o
A BANNED driver caught behind the wheel of a car in Wisbech town centre in the early hours of Saturday was more than three times the alcohol limit.
And on Wednesday Sebastian Radecki was warned that he could be jailed.
"The risk involved in this sort of offence, when you were barely able to stand up, was possible serious injury to yourself and others," he was told by presiding magistrate Alan Jones. "That is not acceptable."
Radecki, 27, of Ferry Lane, Newton, had been banned from driving for 20 months on August 16.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV operators alerted police after seeing three men staggering around near a car in St Peter's Road in Wisbech just before 2am, said prosecutor Andrew Williams.
The car moved off and when police stopped the Vauxhall Cavalier, Radecki failed a breath test. He gave a reading of 109 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Radecki admitted drink-driving, driving when disqualified, and having no insurance. He is due to be sentenced on October 11.