Principal’s beaming smile radiates optimism and hope as Wisbech school begins to scale new heights
ANTICIPATORY pride oozes from every nook and cranny.
Thomas Clarkson Community College simply hasn’t had the builders in for a quick make over- the transformation they’ve exacted borders on astonishment.
In the midst of the bewildering rebirth beams Principal Maureen Strudwick, her transfixing smile radiating optimism and hope.
The physical task of creating hope from the mire of despair is almost complete as the �34 million Building Schools for the Future project nears completion.
But it is the strides made in the classrooms and corridors of the school that offer greater cause for hope.
A new Ofsted report confirms the dramatic improvements and has now assessed the school as satisfactory- in education speak TC is no longer under notice to improve
Ms Strudwick said: “What is most satisfying is that a large amount of the teaching here is now judged to be good or outstanding.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
See tomorrow’s Wisbech Standard to discover the latest instalment of a school that’s fast going from zero to hero!