Principal’s beaming smile radiates optimism and hope as Wisbech school begins to scale new heights
ANTICIPATORY pride oozes from every nook and cranny.
Thomas Clarkson Community College simply hasn’t had the builders in for a quick make over- the transformation they’ve exacted borders on astonishment.
In the midst of the bewildering rebirth beams Principal Maureen Strudwick, her transfixing smile radiating optimism and hope.
The physical task of creating hope from the mire of despair is almost complete as the �34 million Building Schools for the Future project nears completion.
But it is the strides made in the classrooms and corridors of the school that offer greater cause for hope.
You may also want to watch:
A new Ofsted report confirms the dramatic improvements and has now assessed the school as satisfactory- in education speak TC is no longer under notice to improve
Ms Strudwick said: “What is most satisfying is that a large amount of the teaching here is now judged to be good or outstanding.”
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
See tomorrow’s Wisbech Standard to discover the latest instalment of a school that’s fast going from zero to hero!