Principal’s beaming smile radiates optimism and hope as Wisbech school begins to scale new heights
ANTICIPATORY pride oozes from every nook and cranny.
Thomas Clarkson Community College simply hasn’t had the builders in for a quick make over- the transformation they’ve exacted borders on astonishment.
In the midst of the bewildering rebirth beams Principal Maureen Strudwick, her transfixing smile radiating optimism and hope.
The physical task of creating hope from the mire of despair is almost complete as the �34 million Building Schools for the Future project nears completion.
But it is the strides made in the classrooms and corridors of the school that offer greater cause for hope.
A new Ofsted report confirms the dramatic improvements and has now assessed the school as satisfactory- in education speak TC is no longer under notice to improve
Ms Strudwick said: “What is most satisfying is that a large amount of the teaching here is now judged to be good or outstanding.”
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
See tomorrow’s Wisbech Standard to discover the latest instalment of a school that’s fast going from zero to hero!