Primary school’s harbour-themed courtyard opened by Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech
A PRIMARY school’s harbour-themed courtyard was officially opened by the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech.
Nick and Sara Meekins visited Orchards Primary School in Wisbech to see how Year 6 pupils are currently taking responsibility for maintaining the plants and flowers that have been incorporated into the area.
The courtyard also includes a quiet area, lunchtime benches and an outside classroom.
Miss Froggatt and Mrs Chandler, who teach Year 6, said: “The idea came from the nautical theme that can be seen in and around Wisbech.
“Our pupils love that this has now become an extension of their classroom environment.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor and Mayoress also took the opportunity to look around at the life-size scarecrows that pupils throughout the school have made.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home