Primary school’s harbour-themed courtyard opened by Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech
A PRIMARY school’s harbour-themed courtyard was officially opened by the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech.
Nick and Sara Meekins visited Orchards Primary School in Wisbech to see how Year 6 pupils are currently taking responsibility for maintaining the plants and flowers that have been incorporated into the area.
The courtyard also includes a quiet area, lunchtime benches and an outside classroom.
Miss Froggatt and Mrs Chandler, who teach Year 6, said: “The idea came from the nautical theme that can be seen in and around Wisbech.
“Our pupils love that this has now become an extension of their classroom environment.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor and Mayoress also took the opportunity to look around at the life-size scarecrows that pupils throughout the school have made.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked