Primary school’s harbour-themed courtyard opened by Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech
A PRIMARY school’s harbour-themed courtyard was officially opened by the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech.
Nick and Sara Meekins visited Orchards Primary School in Wisbech to see how Year 6 pupils are currently taking responsibility for maintaining the plants and flowers that have been incorporated into the area.
The courtyard also includes a quiet area, lunchtime benches and an outside classroom.
Miss Froggatt and Mrs Chandler, who teach Year 6, said: “The idea came from the nautical theme that can be seen in and around Wisbech.
“Our pupils love that this has now become an extension of their classroom environment.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor and Mayoress also took the opportunity to look around at the life-size scarecrows that pupils throughout the school have made.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial