Primary school children wow audiences with performance of songs from the West End
- Credit: Archant
Primary school children in Fenland treated their parents to a night at the musicals when performing songs from the West End.
Key Stage 2 pupils from Anthony Curton Primary School in Walpole St Peter and Tilney All Saints all took part in the performances.
Pupils had been rehearsing after school for the last two terms to put together the performance of their favourite shows.
The performance included music from The Greatest Showman, The Lion King, Matilda and Mary Poppins.
Tracey Taylor, one of the school’s music co-ordinators, said: “We are immensely proud of all the children, who have put in many extra hours outside of their normal school time, and you could see it really paid off.
You may also want to watch:
“Many children performed solos for the first time and parents were astonished by the professionalism of the children’s accomplishments.”
The musical was put together by Tracey Taylor and Sarah Marsh, and teachers, Samantha Joyce and Tim Furness.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled