Primary school children wow audiences with performance of songs from the West End
- Credit: Archant
Primary school children in Fenland treated their parents to a night at the musicals when performing songs from the West End.
Key Stage 2 pupils from Anthony Curton Primary School in Walpole St Peter and Tilney All Saints all took part in the performances.
Pupils had been rehearsing after school for the last two terms to put together the performance of their favourite shows.
The performance included music from The Greatest Showman, The Lion King, Matilda and Mary Poppins.
Tracey Taylor, one of the school’s music co-ordinators, said: “We are immensely proud of all the children, who have put in many extra hours outside of their normal school time, and you could see it really paid off.
You may also want to watch:
“Many children performed solos for the first time and parents were astonished by the professionalism of the children’s accomplishments.”
The musical was put together by Tracey Taylor and Sarah Marsh, and teachers, Samantha Joyce and Tim Furness.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online