Pregnant woman warns ‘walk in groups and stay safe’ after being grabbed by throat in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A pregnant woman is advising people to “walk in groups and stay safe” after she was grabbed by the throat in Wisbech yesterday.
The woman, who was walking through town with a friend and her family partner, posted about the incident on social media.
She said: “Just to make people aware, tonight, walking through town with a friend and my family partner we had a foreign fella look my friend’s child up and down with a smile taking a real interest in him.
“After saying, ‘why are you staring at him?’ he came towards us.
“He grabbed me by the throat. I’m 21 weeks pregnant, my partner got him away from us but after that he came for us again.
You may also want to watch:
“This is bang out of order. Finally, the police did arrive and arrest him and he continued to make threats towards my partner.
“We are not safe in this town no more.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
A 36-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of common assault yesterday after allegedly grabbing a pregnant woman by the throat.
Terri Harris, who is 21 weeks pregnant, was walking through town with her friend, Teri Powell Preston, and her family partner when the incident happened.
Ms Harris posted about the is advising people to “walk in groups and stay safe”
A police spokesman said: “We were called to Market Place, Wisbech on March 28 at 7pm with reports of an assault on a female.