Praise for remodelled church
A SERVICE of dedication was held at a Fenland church on Saturday as the congregation celebrated the completion of a £160,000 facelift. Terrington St John Methodist Church was full for the service on Saturday afternoon during which the dedication was carri
A SERVICE of dedication was held at a Fenland church on Saturday as the congregation celebrated the completion of a £160,000 facelift.
Terrington St John Methodist Church was full for the service on Saturday afternoon during which the dedication was carried out by the Rev Graham Thompson, chairman of East Anglia District.
The key to the revamped church was handed over by representatives of PDG Architects of Peterborough and Parker Construction Ltd of Outwell.
Church minister the Rev Heather Walker said: "There was unanimous praise for the layout, colour scheme and sound quality of the worship space."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Walker said the new church and facilities were stunning. She said: "We took it right back to the brickwork and removed bits of extension. We've completely remodelled it."
Money needed for the refurbishment was raised with the help of grants from Waste Recycling Environmental Ltd, as well as local and national charities, Wisbech Methodist Church and villagers. The sale of the former chapel also helped contribute to the funds.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 9 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
Rebuilding of the new hall took five months.