Praise for re-elected chairman
FENLAND District Council s overview and scrutiny panel showed faith in Councillor Simon King, who was re-elected chairman. Cllr King resigned as chairman at the beginning of last Thursday s meeting following concerns expressed by fellow panel members who
FENLAND District Council's overview and scrutiny panel showed faith in Councillor Simon King, who was re-elected chairman.
Cllr King resigned as chairman at the beginning of last Thursday's meeting following concerns expressed by fellow panel members who felt he should have left a debate about funding for the Fenland Citizens' Advice Bureau, for which he is a trustee.
But Councillor Robert Sears, nominated for the chairmanship, felt Cllr King should continue in his role - and five other panel members agreed.
Councillor Jonathan Farmer said: "He (Cllr King) has been a splendid chairman so far." Councillor Bruce Wegg said: "He has done a fantastic job."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr King said: "I will always do my best, in the best interests of Fenland District Council and for overview and scrutiny, and that remains my firm commitment to do so.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed