Praise for re-elected chairman
FENLAND District Council s overview and scrutiny panel showed faith in Councillor Simon King, who was re-elected chairman. Cllr King resigned as chairman at the beginning of last Thursday s meeting following concerns expressed by fellow panel members who
FENLAND District Council's overview and scrutiny panel showed faith in Councillor Simon King, who was re-elected chairman.
Cllr King resigned as chairman at the beginning of last Thursday's meeting following concerns expressed by fellow panel members who felt he should have left a debate about funding for the Fenland Citizens' Advice Bureau, for which he is a trustee.
But Councillor Robert Sears, nominated for the chairmanship, felt Cllr King should continue in his role - and five other panel members agreed.
Councillor Jonathan Farmer said: "He (Cllr King) has been a splendid chairman so far." Councillor Bruce Wegg said: "He has done a fantastic job."
You may also want to watch:
Cllr King said: "I will always do my best, in the best interests of Fenland District Council and for overview and scrutiny, and that remains my firm commitment to do so.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son