Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- Credit: Fen Cops
Police have found the driver of car who left the scene after his car left the road early today and brought down power lines.
The incident happened on the A1101 Sutton Road, Wisbech near to the junction with Gypsy Lane, Leverington.
An off-duty police officer came across the abandoned car on his way home at 01.46am.
“The driver had left the scene, the vehicle was recovered by police and enquiries are ongoing into this,” said a post on Policing Fenland Facebook.
In response to numerous Facebook posts, the driver’s mother posted “thank you for your concern, it was my son; he is still badly shaken but OK, thanks again”.
The Ford Fiesta Zetec was recovered by police.
The police spokesperson said the road was closed at 05.44 because the power lines were down across the road.
- 1 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 6 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 7 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 10 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
"UK Power Networks are dealing,” said the statement. “No injuries reported at scene. A number of properties have also lost their power due to this incident.”