Couple from Wisbech to take on Virgin Money London Marathon 2019 to help fight against childhood cancer
- Credit: FACEBOOK
A couple from the Fens will be taking on this year’s London Marathon with the aim of helping the fight against childhood cancer.
Lynette and Steve Reeves from Wisbech have been running up to 30 miles a week in preparation ahead of the capital city sprint which takes place this month.
Both Mr and Mrs Reeves work at the Upwell Health Centre where Steve is the practice and business manager and Lynette is the advanced nurse practitioner.
Lynette said: “I’ve always dreamt of running in the London Marathon, but it was the opportunity to use my run to try and help children with cancer that spurred me on to sign up”.
The power couple say they know the race will be a “physical and mental test”, however they explained “what children undergoing cancer treatment endure, it just can’t compare”.
Mr and Mrs Reeves are two of 1,400 fundraisers who will face the 26.2-mile course through London in aid of Children with Cancer UK – the largest number of runners for any charity.
They set a modest fundraising target of £3,500 – which has already been broken – that will go towards research to discover new and better treatments for childhood cancers.
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 3 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 8 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 9 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
Steve added: “We would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has already sponsored us and if anyone else would like to sponsor, they can do so via Virgin Money.
To donate, visit: uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LynetteandSteveReeves