POST OFFICES: MP handed objection letters on visit to store threatened with closure
MALCOLM Moss MP made a return visit to one of four Post Offices in Fenland threatened with closure, as the final date to lodge objections edging closer. The North-East Cambs MP visited the Harecroft Road Post Office in Wisbech this morning, and was handed
MALCOLM Moss MP made a return visit to one of four Post Offices in Fenland threatened with closure, as the final date to lodge objections edging closer.
The North-East Cambs MP visited the Harecroft Road Post Office in Wisbech this morning, and was handed a collection of residents' objections to the proposed closure from store manager, Nisha Maiya.
Mr Moss made his first visit to the store last month, days after the shortlist for closures in Cambridgeshire was announced by Post Office Ltd.
Wisbech councillor Simon King and loyal customers also visited the store, as did a representative from Post Office Ltd to see the store's campaign for herself.
You may also want to watch:
The Harecroft Road Post Office - along with the Post Offices in St Peter's Road in March, Christchurch and Benwick - will find out if they have won their battles to remain open at the end of this month.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer