POST OFFICE ROBBERIES: Fresh appeal to be vigilant after series of robberies across 3 counties
POLICE appealed to people living in rural Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire to be vigilant after a series of post office robberies across the county. The offenders have demonstrated their capacity and willingness to use violence, said Inspector Mark Housl
POLICE appealed to people living in rural Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire to be vigilant after a series of post office robberies across the county.
"The offenders have demonstrated their capacity and willingness to use violence," said Inspector Mark Housley of Lincs Police.
In the last four weeks there have been four robberies in Lincolnshire, one in Cambridgeshire and Leicestershire. All of the Post Offices targeted have been in rural areas. Sutton Bridge Post Office was raided on November 20.
Lincolnshire Police is working with other forces; exploring possible links between the crimes - and the possibility they are looking for a gang of cross border criminals.
Officers are urging they public to be extra vigilant and not to approach anyone they suspect of being involved.
Insp Housley said: "We want people living in rural areas to keep an eye out for suspicious activity in their villages.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 4 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 5 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
"If you see anyone sat in a vehicle near your post office then all us. If you see vehicles that seem to be passing the post office regularly, again call us. Even if you just see strangers to the village, either inside the premises or seemingly hanging around - get in touch.
"If an unfamiliar car has been parked in your road all day and that never normally happens - again, make the call.
"Don't be afraid of sounding stupid because you think you only have insignificant information - let us be the judge of that. The tiniest detail could be the final piece in the jigsaw we need to make an arrest.
"If you do see someone you believe may be involved with these incidents, or you are a witness to a new robbery - do not approach these individuals - they are violent criminals.
"It is much more important to us that you are good witnesses. Watch what is happening and write down everything you see straight away. Make notes of vehicle make, registration, colour, descriptions of offenders, their clothing, their accents, even the way the walk - the more detailed the better."
Call Crimestoppers anonymously on: 0800 555111