Roller skating rink closes temporarily after worker tests positive for Covid-19
- Credit: Facebook/Skaters Walpole Highway
A roller skating rink in the Fens has been forced shut after one of their staff members has tested positive for Covid-19.
Skaters at Walpole Highway near Wisbech turned people away on Wednesday night (October 28) after the positive coronavirus test came back.
The 6pm to 9pm session didn’t go ahead and an apology was released on social media for those who had travelled to the Mill Road rink.
A spokesperson said: “We apologise for the inconvenience and are grateful for your understanding.
“Unfortunately, one of our staff members has tested positive for Covid-19.
You may also want to watch:
“Following current guidelines, this means that we will have to close Skaters for the time being.
“As a further precaution, other members of staff who have had contact with the infected staff member are now self-isolating.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
“These staff members do not currently have any symptoms and therefore at this present moment in time there is no requirement for any other members of staff or customers to self-isolate.
“We have informed the appropriate authorities and in conjunction with our local borough council, will work towards reopening a safe and protected environment.
“We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but the health of our staff and customers is our main concern during these troubled times.
“Once again thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you again soon.”