Popular Fenland pizza takeaway to close
- Credit: Archant
After preparing pizzas for 27 years, the owners of a popular pizza takeaway have announced they will be closing.
Brian and Jeni Cairns, the owners of Fresh Pizza Company and Cookhouse in Whittlesey, have told customers they will stop deliveries at the end of the month.
A post on their Facebook page said: “It is with a heavy heart that we say farewell to the cookhouse at the end of September.
“We have loved making pizzas and other food for our wonderful customers over the past 27 years, and are so grateful that you kept coming back for more.
“But the time has come for a change. There are many reasons for our decision but the current situation is obviously a big factor.”
You may also want to watch:
The message also thanked the community for their custom.
The business’ website explained that it was currently offering a delivery and collection takeaway service Wednesday-Saturday. It is not offering an eat-in service.
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
As well as pizza, the restaurant in Queens Street also offered a variety of American and Mexican dishes.
Commenting on the news, customer Liz Knighton said: “So sorry to hear this.
“We’ve enjoyed many lovely meals with wonderful service from you over the years - thank you.
“Very best wishes to you both for the future xxx”
Becky Lou added: “Such sad news.
“The best fajitas I’ve ever had and an amazing restaurant. Wonderful staff. Good luck for the future. Xx”