Owner of Murrow newsagents fights off attempted robber who was carrying a knife
- Credit: Archant
A shop owner fought off a masked knifeman who demanded cash from the till at Pollington’s Newsagents & General Store in Murrow this morning.
Aaron Pollington, shop owner, said: "A man wearing a balaclava and carrying a large knife came into the shop at 10.45am today (November 20).
"He threatened me and demanded that I gave him money out of the till. He didn't manage to get anything though because I fought him off and he left the store."
Mr Pollington hasn't let the incident affect him, though, as the store has remained open as normal all day.
He said it's the first time that something like this has happened at the store and that he wasn't injured during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm fine. It just shook me up a bit," he added.
The man has since been arrested in connection with the attempted robbery.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
He was also arrested in connection with the theft of a vehicle in Peterborough.
A search of the man's home address also uncovered another suspected stolen vehicle.
He remains in custody at Thorpe Wood station.
Pollington's has been running as a newsagents business for 20 years.