Owner of Murrow newsagents fights off attempted robber who was carrying a knife
- Credit: Archant
A shop owner fought off a masked knifeman who demanded cash from the till at Pollington’s Newsagents & General Store in Murrow this morning.
Aaron Pollington, shop owner, said: "A man wearing a balaclava and carrying a large knife came into the shop at 10.45am today (November 20).
"He threatened me and demanded that I gave him money out of the till. He didn't manage to get anything though because I fought him off and he left the store."
Mr Pollington hasn't let the incident affect him, though, as the store has remained open as normal all day.
He said it's the first time that something like this has happened at the store and that he wasn't injured during the incident.
"I'm fine. It just shook me up a bit," he added.
The man has since been arrested in connection with the attempted robbery.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
He was also arrested in connection with the theft of a vehicle in Peterborough.
A search of the man's home address also uncovered another suspected stolen vehicle.
He remains in custody at Thorpe Wood station.
Pollington's has been running as a newsagents business for 20 years.