Police warning after 78-year-old Wisbech woman loses �160 to man who tricked her
RESIDENTS are being urged to be vigilant after an elderly woman was tricked by a conman in Wisbech.
The 78-year-old had her purse stolen by a man who claimed he had to carry out some work on the water system of her home in Grimmers Road.
The trickster distracted the victim before helping himself to her purse which contained about �160. The incident happened at about 11am on Tuesday, October 12.
He is described as white, six foot, with a weathered complexion. He had dark, curly hair and was wearing a dark shirt and overalls.
Detective Constable Ahmed Ishaq said: “I would urge residents to always ask for identification from doorstep callers or phone the company to check they are legitimate.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are in any doubt, don’t let them into your home.”
Anyone with any information should call DC Ishaq on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online