Police warning after �2,000 raid at Weasenham Lane meat factory
POLICE today warned anyone in Wisbech to be on their guard if offered cheap meat following a �2,000 raid on a Weasenham Lane factory unit.
“A large quantity of meat was stolen last weekend from these premises,” said PCSO Lisa Mann. “The items of meat were boxed and sealed in vacuum packs.
“If you are offered any items of meat on your doorstep at a price that is too good to be true, then it probably is!”
The meat was stolen between Friday September 17 and Monday September 20 and a police hunt for the raiders has begun.
PCSO Mann has used the e-cops alert messaging system to warn local residents of the possibility of being offered the stolen meat at a discounted price.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have any information regarding this crime, please do not ignore it or leave it to someone else, call us today,” she said.
CONTACT: Cambridgeshire Police on 0345 456 456 4 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week