Police warning after �2,000 raid at Weasenham Lane meat factory
POLICE today warned anyone in Wisbech to be on their guard if offered cheap meat following a �2,000 raid on a Weasenham Lane factory unit.
“A large quantity of meat was stolen last weekend from these premises,” said PCSO Lisa Mann. “The items of meat were boxed and sealed in vacuum packs.
“If you are offered any items of meat on your doorstep at a price that is too good to be true, then it probably is!”
The meat was stolen between Friday September 17 and Monday September 20 and a police hunt for the raiders has begun.
PCSO Mann has used the e-cops alert messaging system to warn local residents of the possibility of being offered the stolen meat at a discounted price.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have any information regarding this crime, please do not ignore it or leave it to someone else, call us today,” she said.
CONTACT: Cambridgeshire Police on 0345 456 456 4 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden