Police warning after �2,000 raid at Weasenham Lane meat factory
POLICE today warned anyone in Wisbech to be on their guard if offered cheap meat following a �2,000 raid on a Weasenham Lane factory unit.
“A large quantity of meat was stolen last weekend from these premises,” said PCSO Lisa Mann. “The items of meat were boxed and sealed in vacuum packs.
“If you are offered any items of meat on your doorstep at a price that is too good to be true, then it probably is!”
The meat was stolen between Friday September 17 and Monday September 20 and a police hunt for the raiders has begun.
PCSO Mann has used the e-cops alert messaging system to warn local residents of the possibility of being offered the stolen meat at a discounted price.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have any information regarding this crime, please do not ignore it or leave it to someone else, call us today,” she said.
CONTACT: Cambridgeshire Police on 0345 456 456 4 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 10 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires