Police ‘shocked’ as Mondeo driver in collision today at 10.20am in Wisbech found to be FOUR times over drink drive limit
- Credit: Archant
A police officer described as “shocking” the result from a driver breathalysed in Wisbech today after a collision - the man was four times over the limit.
He was driving a silver Ford Mondeo when it collided in Norwich Road, Wisbech, at the junction with Lerowe Road.
“The driver failed a road side breath test blowing 142ugs at 10:20 hours,” said a police spokesman. “The legal drink drive limit is 35ugs.”
The driver has been taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn.
On Twitter, a police officer tweeted: “Driver of the vehicle taken to the #PIC, breath test at the PIC by driver, provided a sample of 146 and 150 #fatal4”
You may also want to watch:
The drink driver’s vehicle has been moved from Norwich Road.
The officer added: “The driver failed breath test, blown 142 at 10:20 hours, limit 35 #shocking #fatal4 “.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election