Police ‘shocked’ as Mondeo driver in collision today at 10.20am in Wisbech found to be FOUR times over drink drive limit
- Credit: Archant
A police officer described as “shocking” the result from a driver breathalysed in Wisbech today after a collision - the man was four times over the limit.
He was driving a silver Ford Mondeo when it collided in Norwich Road, Wisbech, at the junction with Lerowe Road.
“The driver failed a road side breath test blowing 142ugs at 10:20 hours,” said a police spokesman. “The legal drink drive limit is 35ugs.”
The driver has been taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn.
On Twitter, a police officer tweeted: “Driver of the vehicle taken to the #PIC, breath test at the PIC by driver, provided a sample of 146 and 150 #fatal4”
You may also want to watch:
The drink driver’s vehicle has been moved from Norwich Road.
The officer added: “The driver failed breath test, blown 142 at 10:20 hours, limit 35 #shocking #fatal4 “.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks