Police ‘shocked’ as Mondeo driver in collision today at 10.20am in Wisbech found to be FOUR times over drink drive limit
- Credit: Archant
A police officer described as “shocking” the result from a driver breathalysed in Wisbech today after a collision - the man was four times over the limit.
He was driving a silver Ford Mondeo when it collided in Norwich Road, Wisbech, at the junction with Lerowe Road.
“The driver failed a road side breath test blowing 142ugs at 10:20 hours,” said a police spokesman. “The legal drink drive limit is 35ugs.”
The driver has been taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn.
On Twitter, a police officer tweeted: “Driver of the vehicle taken to the #PIC, breath test at the PIC by driver, provided a sample of 146 and 150 #fatal4”
You may also want to watch:
The drink driver’s vehicle has been moved from Norwich Road.
The officer added: “The driver failed breath test, blown 142 at 10:20 hours, limit 35 #shocking #fatal4 “.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away