Cops win on scratch cards sent by person in Cambs custody for them to buy ‘decent coffee’
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky visitor who did a stint in custody in Cambridgeshire sent police scratch cards to “get better coffee” - which led to an unlikely win.
Two scratch cards and a thank you card were sent to Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge, by the disgruntled guest.
Writing in the card said: “Dear police, the coffee and food was s***, therefore go get a coffee.”
Lucky officers scored a £9 win from both scratch cards - which they said they’ll give to charity.
In a post on the Policing Huntingdonshire Facebook, it read: “We take all feedback seriously and that includes the food and drink served in our cells.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to the author of this card who took the time to review their recent stay with us at Parkside and even bought us a couple of scratch cards in the hope we’d use the winnings to purchase some decent coffee.
“We’ll keep the coffee as it is for now in the hope you won’t visit again and donate the winnings to a local charity.”
- 1 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 2 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 3 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 4 Two-car collision on A47
- 5 Port of Wisbech continues to defy the trend with 'remarkable' turnout
- 6 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 7 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 8 Horror crash all because BMW driver left home with frozen windscreen
- 9 'He absolutely pummeled me' - Man, 70, describes vicious attack
- 10 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
One person commented: “They probably left you a rubbish review on TripAdvisor, too.”