Park that gets a write-up on Trip Advisor not the place to make a trip on your motor bike - as one youngster found out in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
It gets plenty of comments on Trip Advisor – mostly negative – but one youngster’s trip to Wisbech Park on Monday got more than a bad review.
His mistake was to think write-ups on Trip Advisor meant he could take his motorbike for a spin in the park. Wrong.
A police officer was on duty nearby and went after the motorcyclist to caution him about his behaviour.
On Facebook police report that an officer “managed to stop the motorbike on Park Road” not giving away any clue as to where he stayed in hiding to catch him or give chase.
For the miscreant happily enjoying his ride in the park the aftermath is less promising.
You may also want to watch:
Police seized the bike under section 165 of the Road Traffic Act for having no insurance and the rider having no licence.
“The rider has been reported for a number of offences,” said a police spokesman.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Policing Fenland Facebook page posted photos of the bike – and of the recovery truck called to take it away.