Park that gets a write-up on Trip Advisor not the place to make a trip on your motor bike - as one youngster found out in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
It gets plenty of comments on Trip Advisor – mostly negative – but one youngster’s trip to Wisbech Park on Monday got more than a bad review.
His mistake was to think write-ups on Trip Advisor meant he could take his motorbike for a spin in the park. Wrong.
A police officer was on duty nearby and went after the motorcyclist to caution him about his behaviour.
On Facebook police report that an officer “managed to stop the motorbike on Park Road” not giving away any clue as to where he stayed in hiding to catch him or give chase.
For the miscreant happily enjoying his ride in the park the aftermath is less promising.
Police seized the bike under section 165 of the Road Traffic Act for having no insurance and the rider having no licence.
“The rider has been reported for a number of offences,” said a police spokesman.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 10 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
Policing Fenland Facebook page posted photos of the bike – and of the recovery truck called to take it away.