Police pursuit of Ford Transit across Cambs and Norfolk border ends with arrest in Wisbech after vehicle crashes and over turns in a ditch
- Credit: Archant
A police pursuit in the early hours of Saturday resulted in a Ford Transit crashing into an orchard and then overturning in a water filled ditch.
Wisbech Police took up the chase shortly before 3am when officers tried to stop the Transit van on Churchill Road.
A police officer involved in the case reported that “the vehicle failed to stop and a controlled pursuit was commenced.
“The vehicle travelled into Norfolk’s force area and headed towards the village of Emneth before heading back towards Wisbech and the Walsoken area.”
The officer said the Transit left the road and went into an orchard on Sparrowgate Road.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle failed to take a right hand bend before entering a water filled dyke and turning upside down,” he said.
Other officers were quickly on scene and both occupants of the vehicle were arrested. Both were checked at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital before being taken to the Police Investigation Centre at Kings Lynn.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
Police said the successful operation involved both Norfolk and Cambridgeshire officers.
One suspect has been charged with a number of driving offences and has been bailed to attend court.