Police pursuit of Ford Transit across Cambs and Norfolk border ends with arrest in Wisbech after vehicle crashes and over turns in a ditch
- Credit: Archant
A police pursuit in the early hours of Saturday resulted in a Ford Transit crashing into an orchard and then overturning in a water filled ditch.
Wisbech Police took up the chase shortly before 3am when officers tried to stop the Transit van on Churchill Road.
A police officer involved in the case reported that “the vehicle failed to stop and a controlled pursuit was commenced.
“The vehicle travelled into Norfolk’s force area and headed towards the village of Emneth before heading back towards Wisbech and the Walsoken area.”
The officer said the Transit left the road and went into an orchard on Sparrowgate Road.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle failed to take a right hand bend before entering a water filled dyke and turning upside down,” he said.
Other officers were quickly on scene and both occupants of the vehicle were arrested. Both were checked at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital before being taken to the Police Investigation Centre at Kings Lynn.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
Police said the successful operation involved both Norfolk and Cambridgeshire officers.
One suspect has been charged with a number of driving offences and has been bailed to attend court.