Police pursuit of Ford Transit across Cambs and Norfolk border ends with arrest in Wisbech after vehicle crashes and over turns in a ditch
- Credit: Archant
A police pursuit in the early hours of Saturday resulted in a Ford Transit crashing into an orchard and then overturning in a water filled ditch.
Wisbech Police took up the chase shortly before 3am when officers tried to stop the Transit van on Churchill Road.
A police officer involved in the case reported that “the vehicle failed to stop and a controlled pursuit was commenced.
“The vehicle travelled into Norfolk’s force area and headed towards the village of Emneth before heading back towards Wisbech and the Walsoken area.”
The officer said the Transit left the road and went into an orchard on Sparrowgate Road.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle failed to take a right hand bend before entering a water filled dyke and turning upside down,” he said.
Other officers were quickly on scene and both occupants of the vehicle were arrested. Both were checked at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital before being taken to the Police Investigation Centre at Kings Lynn.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 Councillor wants flats plan binned
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
Police said the successful operation involved both Norfolk and Cambridgeshire officers.
One suspect has been charged with a number of driving offences and has been bailed to attend court.