Police pledge to find arsonists who could have caused major fire at rear of block of flats in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Detectives vowed to find the arsonists who started a fire that could have engulfed a block of flats in Wisbech.
The fire, which is believed to have been started deliberately, occurred at about 12pm last Thursday at the rear of a block of flats in Tindall Close, Wisbech.
None of the occupants were aware of the fire taking place and the incident was reported to the police when damage to a rear fire door and a drainage pipe was noticed later on in the day.
DC Mark Yendley, who is investigating, said: “Thankfully no one was injured and the fire didn’t spread too far, but this could have easily caused a much larger issue.
“The residents are all understandably shaken up – I am determined to get to the bottom of how this fire was started.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge anyone who witnessed the incident or knows who is responsible to contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online reporting form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager