Police pledge to find arsonists who could have caused major fire at rear of block of flats in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Detectives vowed to find the arsonists who started a fire that could have engulfed a block of flats in Wisbech.
The fire, which is believed to have been started deliberately, occurred at about 12pm last Thursday at the rear of a block of flats in Tindall Close, Wisbech.
None of the occupants were aware of the fire taking place and the incident was reported to the police when damage to a rear fire door and a drainage pipe was noticed later on in the day.
DC Mark Yendley, who is investigating, said: “Thankfully no one was injured and the fire didn’t spread too far, but this could have easily caused a much larger issue.
“The residents are all understandably shaken up – I am determined to get to the bottom of how this fire was started.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge anyone who witnessed the incident or knows who is responsible to contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online reporting form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka