Police pedal power comes to the aid of West Norfolk Church
POLICE pedal power has helped raise funds for one West Norfolk Church. Police Community Support Officer Chris Lorraine joined church-goers from St Mary s Church, West Walton, on a sponsored cycle ride around West Norfolk churches to raise funds for the No
POLICE pedal power has helped raise funds for one West Norfolk Church.
Police Community Support Officer Chris Lorraine joined church-goers from St Mary's Church, West Walton, on a sponsored cycle ride around West Norfolk churches to raise funds for the Norfolk Churches Trust.
PCSO Lorraine from the Terrington Safer Neighbourhood Team decided to get involved after being approached by members of the neighbourhood church, which is set to provide an improved public venue for members of the community, including the neighbourhood police team.
During the event PCSO Lorraine clocked up 45 miles on his police bike and visited seven West Norfolk churches.
You may also want to watch:
Together with fellow cyclists the Rev Michael Chesher, priest in charge of West Walton, Walton Highway and the Walpoles, and St Mary's church member Barrie Moore, the group raised around �1000.
The money raised will be sent to the Norfolk Churches Trust - which has previously funded repairs at St Mary's - with 50% returned to the church nominated by the cyclist, in this case St Mary's.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians