Police patrols to tackle theft gang
COVERT and high visibility patrols are being stepped up in Wisbech to catch a gang targeting businesses in the town. Police have now issued advice to business owners in Wisbech after a series of commercial burglaries in recent weeks. PCSOs will be conduct
COVERT and high visibility patrols are being stepped up in Wisbech to catch a gang targeting businesses in the town.
Police have now issued advice to business owners in Wisbech after a series of commercial burglaries in recent weeks.
PCSOs will be conducting patrols in the town to let owners know how they can better protect their property.
Insp Malcolm Graham said: "We have been carrying out covert and high visibility patrols to combat these burglaries.
"We have a number of on-going investigations and our tactics to catch these criminals are continuing.
"But there are a few things that business owners may want to consider to protect their livelihoods. Some methods are common sense and others may be costly, but it's about weighing it up against the value of any goods that might be stolen.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 9 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 10 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
"We are also still appealing for any witnesses to come forward if they know anything about burglaries to shops in the town."
n A 28-year-old man of no fixed abode has been arrested on suspicion of burglary and has been bailed to Wisbech Police Station on March 27. Another man has been dealt with by the courts.