Police officer stops motorist twice in 20 minutes for driving whilst using a mobile phone
- Credit: Archant
A police officer stopped the same motorist twice, in 20 minutes, for driving whilst using a mobile phone last night.
Beds, Cambs & Herts Roads Policing Unit shared the news on Twitter at around 9.45pm.
One Twitter user asked: “Surely that warrants court and a harsher punishment?”
BCH Road Policing replied, writing: “Hopefully it will. Unfortunately, we don’t make the decision.
“We purely report and hope common sense prevails.”
You may also want to watch:
Another tweeter summed up her feelings by writing: “Words fail me.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening