Police issue ‘parking reminder’ after PCSO dishes out 15 tickets to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech during one morning
- Credit: Archant
A local police community support officer issued 15 tickets to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech during one morning.
“Please make sure that you check the signage before parking to avoid receiving a £30 fine,” warned police.
Afterwards, Fenland police posted a parking reminder on Facebook.
“We continue to conduct patrols in Wisbech town centre dealing with illegal and inconsiderate parking issues.
“Education is as important as enforcement and in the past we have posted guidance regarding the parking areas and the associated restrictions.”
You may also want to watch:
The post then lists some of the restrictions within the town.
“Wisbech Town Centre is covered by a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ). The streets which are included within the CPZ are Hill Street, Union Street, Market Place, High Street and Market Street.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown
“Parking is available for loading and disabled in allocated bays only, with a few unrestricted parking spaces on the centre of the Market Place.
“Disabled blue badge holders are permitted to park in disabled bays and loading bays only, and must be displaying their Blue Badge and Time Clock in accordance with the rules and regulations.”
Visit www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/443225/blue-badge-rights-responsibilities.PDF for more information.