Police issue ‘parking reminder’ after PCSO dishes out 15 tickets to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech during one morning
- Credit: Archant
A local police community support officer issued 15 tickets to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech during one morning.
“Please make sure that you check the signage before parking to avoid receiving a £30 fine,” warned police.
Afterwards, Fenland police posted a parking reminder on Facebook.
“We continue to conduct patrols in Wisbech town centre dealing with illegal and inconsiderate parking issues.
“Education is as important as enforcement and in the past we have posted guidance regarding the parking areas and the associated restrictions.”
You may also want to watch:
The post then lists some of the restrictions within the town.
“Wisbech Town Centre is covered by a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ). The streets which are included within the CPZ are Hill Street, Union Street, Market Place, High Street and Market Street.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
“Parking is available for loading and disabled in allocated bays only, with a few unrestricted parking spaces on the centre of the Market Place.
“Disabled blue badge holders are permitted to park in disabled bays and loading bays only, and must be displaying their Blue Badge and Time Clock in accordance with the rules and regulations.”
Visit www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/443225/blue-badge-rights-responsibilities.PDF for more information.