Police issue ‘parking reminder’ after PCSO dishes out 15 tickets to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech during one morning
- Credit: Archant
A local police community support officer issued 15 tickets to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech during one morning.
“Please make sure that you check the signage before parking to avoid receiving a £30 fine,” warned police.
Afterwards, Fenland police posted a parking reminder on Facebook.
“We continue to conduct patrols in Wisbech town centre dealing with illegal and inconsiderate parking issues.
“Education is as important as enforcement and in the past we have posted guidance regarding the parking areas and the associated restrictions.”
The post then lists some of the restrictions within the town.
“Wisbech Town Centre is covered by a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ). The streets which are included within the CPZ are Hill Street, Union Street, Market Place, High Street and Market Street.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 4 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
“Parking is available for loading and disabled in allocated bays only, with a few unrestricted parking spaces on the centre of the Market Place.
“Disabled blue badge holders are permitted to park in disabled bays and loading bays only, and must be displaying their Blue Badge and Time Clock in accordance with the rules and regulations.”
Visit www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/443225/blue-badge-rights-responsibilities.PDF for more information.