Police issue ‘parking reminder’ after PCSO dishes out 15 tickets to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech during one morning
- Credit: Archant
A local police community support officer issued 15 tickets to illegally parked vehicles in Wisbech during one morning.
“Please make sure that you check the signage before parking to avoid receiving a £30 fine,” warned police.
Afterwards, Fenland police posted a parking reminder on Facebook.
“We continue to conduct patrols in Wisbech town centre dealing with illegal and inconsiderate parking issues.
“Education is as important as enforcement and in the past we have posted guidance regarding the parking areas and the associated restrictions.”
You may also want to watch:
The post then lists some of the restrictions within the town.
“Wisbech Town Centre is covered by a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ). The streets which are included within the CPZ are Hill Street, Union Street, Market Place, High Street and Market Street.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 10 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
“Parking is available for loading and disabled in allocated bays only, with a few unrestricted parking spaces on the centre of the Market Place.
“Disabled blue badge holders are permitted to park in disabled bays and loading bays only, and must be displaying their Blue Badge and Time Clock in accordance with the rules and regulations.”
Visit www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/443225/blue-badge-rights-responsibilities.PDF for more information.