Police investigation into Forty Foot death
A police investigation was underway today after a car containing a man s body was recovered from a notorious drain in the Fens.The alarm was raised yesterday morning following reports of a vehicle in the Ramsey Forty Foot, near Chatteris.The Forty Foot
A police investigation was underway today after a car containing a man's body was recovered from a notorious drain in the Fens.
The alarm was raised yesterday morning following reports of a vehicle in the Ramsey Forty Foot, near Chatteris.
The Forty Foot Bank, which runs alongside the drain, was closed to traffic while the recovery operation was carried out.
The dead man, who is believed to be in his forties, is due to be formally identified later today.
You may also want to watch:
Five people died in the Ramsey Forty Foot last winter after their vehicles went into the water.
Cambridgeshire county councillors recently gave top priority to a scheme to install average speed cameras along a four and a half-mile stretch of the road.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 8 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 9 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
The authority has already spent more than £420,000 on new signs, resurfacing and safety measures in a bid to reduce the number of accidents.
Anyone with information about the latest incident is asked to contact traffic officers on 0845 456 4564.