Police investigation into Forty Foot death
A police investigation was underway today after a car containing a man s body was recovered from a notorious drain in the Fens.The alarm was raised yesterday morning following reports of a vehicle in the Ramsey Forty Foot, near Chatteris.The Forty Foot
A police investigation was underway today after a car containing a man's body was recovered from a notorious drain in the Fens.
The alarm was raised yesterday morning following reports of a vehicle in the Ramsey Forty Foot, near Chatteris.
The Forty Foot Bank, which runs alongside the drain, was closed to traffic while the recovery operation was carried out.
The dead man, who is believed to be in his forties, is due to be formally identified later today.
You may also want to watch:
Five people died in the Ramsey Forty Foot last winter after their vehicles went into the water.
Cambridgeshire county councillors recently gave top priority to a scheme to install average speed cameras along a four and a half-mile stretch of the road.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
The authority has already spent more than £420,000 on new signs, resurfacing and safety measures in a bid to reduce the number of accidents.
Anyone with information about the latest incident is asked to contact traffic officers on 0845 456 4564.