Police investigation begins after 13-year-old girl is assaulted in Wisbech
A POLICE investigation has begun after a 13-year-old girl was assaulted by a boy on a bicycle in Wisbech.
The girl was with a group of friends in The Crescent, close to Ghost Passage, when the incident happened between 2.35pm and 3.10pm on Friday (August 12).
A boy - described as white, about 17, with mousey hair and riding a blue mountain bike - approached the group before assaulting the girl and riding off.
The offender was wearing a white t-shirt, black jeans and a black zip-up jacket and was carrying an Adidas bag.
PC Becky Welberry, investigating, said: “The area was quite busy at the time and I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Welberry on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide