Police investigate gas cylinder thefts
POLICE are investigating two thefts in which gas cylinders were stolen from premises in the Wisbech area.Officers are investigating whether the incidents in Lynn Road, Wisbech, and Tydd St Giles are linked.The first, in which 10 oxygen, five acetylene,
POLICE are investigating two thefts in which gas cylinders were stolen from premises in the Wisbech area.
Officers are investigating whether the incidents in Lynn Road, Wisbech, and Tydd St Giles are linked.
The first, in which 10 oxygen, five acetylene, and three nitrogen cylinders were stolen, happened between Sunday (February 24) and yesterday (February 27).
The second happened earlier in February and again involved the theft of gas cylinders, and also cutting equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Bracken, community engagement and crime reduction manager, said: "Legally, it is only possible to rent BOC cylinders, therefore, anyone in possession of such cylinders should hold an account with that company.
"If anyone has suspicions about someone's possession of these cylinders they should contact the crime management unit at March Police Station.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in hospital for first time since August
"I would also urge owners of gas cylinders to take all reasonable security precautions to avoid becoming a victim."
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.