Police investigate gas cylinder thefts
POLICE are investigating two thefts in which gas cylinders were stolen from premises in the Wisbech area.Officers are investigating whether the incidents in Lynn Road, Wisbech, and Tydd St Giles are linked.The first, in which 10 oxygen, five acetylene,
POLICE are investigating two thefts in which gas cylinders were stolen from premises in the Wisbech area.
Officers are investigating whether the incidents in Lynn Road, Wisbech, and Tydd St Giles are linked.
The first, in which 10 oxygen, five acetylene, and three nitrogen cylinders were stolen, happened between Sunday (February 24) and yesterday (February 27).
The second happened earlier in February and again involved the theft of gas cylinders, and also cutting equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Bracken, community engagement and crime reduction manager, said: "Legally, it is only possible to rent BOC cylinders, therefore, anyone in possession of such cylinders should hold an account with that company.
"If anyone has suspicions about someone's possession of these cylinders they should contact the crime management unit at March Police Station.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 3 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 4 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 7 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
"I would also urge owners of gas cylinders to take all reasonable security precautions to avoid becoming a victim."
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.