Police investigate gas cylinder thefts
POLICE are investigating two thefts in which gas cylinders were stolen from premises in the Wisbech area.Officers are investigating whether the incidents in Lynn Road, Wisbech, and Tydd St Giles are linked.The first, in which 10 oxygen, five acetylene,
POLICE are investigating two thefts in which gas cylinders were stolen from premises in the Wisbech area.
Officers are investigating whether the incidents in Lynn Road, Wisbech, and Tydd St Giles are linked.
The first, in which 10 oxygen, five acetylene, and three nitrogen cylinders were stolen, happened between Sunday (February 24) and yesterday (February 27).
The second happened earlier in February and again involved the theft of gas cylinders, and also cutting equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Bracken, community engagement and crime reduction manager, said: "Legally, it is only possible to rent BOC cylinders, therefore, anyone in possession of such cylinders should hold an account with that company.
"If anyone has suspicions about someone's possession of these cylinders they should contact the crime management unit at March Police Station.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Showcase status for Academy
- 4 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 5 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 6 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 7 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 10 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
"I would also urge owners of gas cylinders to take all reasonable security precautions to avoid becoming a victim."
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.