Police hope for information following theft of large sum from West Norfolk man
POLICE want information following the theft of a large sum of money from a West Norfolk man. Police are appealing for information relating to an incident of theft at Avenue Close, Hilgay. The incident occurred between 10am and 11:30am on Saturday 5 Septe
POLICE want information following the theft of a large sum of money from a West Norfolk man.
Police are appealing for information relating to an incident of theft at Avenue Close, Hilgay.
The incident occurred between 10am and 11:30am on Saturday 5 September 2009.
A male called at the home of the elderly male victim claiming that neighbours were complaining about a tree at the front of his home. The male offered to cut down the tree for �160.
The victim agreed to have the work done and allowed the suspect to take the money from his wallet. A far larger amount of money was taken and the suspect left the premises in a transit van and failed to carry out the work.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have noticed any suspicious persons or vehicles in the area between the times stated or has any information in relation to the suspect.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
Contact DC Dave McCormack at Dereham Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.