Police hope for information following theft of large sum from West Norfolk man
POLICE want information following the theft of a large sum of money from a West Norfolk man. Police are appealing for information relating to an incident of theft at Avenue Close, Hilgay. The incident occurred between 10am and 11:30am on Saturday 5 Septe
POLICE want information following the theft of a large sum of money from a West Norfolk man.
Police are appealing for information relating to an incident of theft at Avenue Close, Hilgay.
The incident occurred between 10am and 11:30am on Saturday 5 September 2009.
A male called at the home of the elderly male victim claiming that neighbours were complaining about a tree at the front of his home. The male offered to cut down the tree for �160.
You may also want to watch:
The victim agreed to have the work done and allowed the suspect to take the money from his wallet. A far larger amount of money was taken and the suspect left the premises in a transit van and failed to carry out the work.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have noticed any suspicious persons or vehicles in the area between the times stated or has any information in relation to the suspect.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?
Contact DC Dave McCormack at Dereham Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.