Police hope for information following theft of large sum from West Norfolk man
POLICE want information following the theft of a large sum of money from a West Norfolk man. Police are appealing for information relating to an incident of theft at Avenue Close, Hilgay. The incident occurred between 10am and 11:30am on Saturday 5 Septe
POLICE want information following the theft of a large sum of money from a West Norfolk man.
Police are appealing for information relating to an incident of theft at Avenue Close, Hilgay.
The incident occurred between 10am and 11:30am on Saturday 5 September 2009.
A male called at the home of the elderly male victim claiming that neighbours were complaining about a tree at the front of his home. The male offered to cut down the tree for �160.
You may also want to watch:
The victim agreed to have the work done and allowed the suspect to take the money from his wallet. A far larger amount of money was taken and the suspect left the premises in a transit van and failed to carry out the work.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have noticed any suspicious persons or vehicles in the area between the times stated or has any information in relation to the suspect.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 5 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 HMO plans submitted for village pub
Contact DC Dave McCormack at Dereham Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.