Police find greenhouse full of cannabis in second drugs raid in Wisbech today
EXCLUSIVE BY ADAM LAZZARI WISBECH police have carried out a second drugs raid today, discovered a greenhouse packed with cannabis plants and made a third arrest. The second raid was carried out at a property on Ramnoth Road at around 10.40am. Officers fou
BY ADAM LAZZARI
WISBECH police have carried out a second drugs raid today, discovered a greenhouse packed with cannabis plants and made a third arrest.
The second raid was carried out at a property on Ramnoth Road at around 10.40am.
You may also want to watch:
Officers found five, seven foot cannabis plants, packed into a greenhouse and arrested a 34-year-old man on suspicion of cultivating cannabis.
Fours hours earlier a raid was carried out at a property on Osborne Road and a 34-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
A police dog found numerous packets containing a small amount of white powder.
All three people were taken to Wisbech Police Station to be interviewed.
Police said the raids are not linked in any way.
All of the drugs have been sent away to be tested and valued but Wisbech sergeant Dave Bax believed the cannabis to be worth at least �1,000 and had been at the property for several months.
He said: "The fight against drug supply and use continues, and police will act on information received from the public about the illegal drug use.
"These arrests resulted from good information from the local community and I would urge people to keep coming forward. We can't find drugs if we're not looking for them."
Anyone with information about drug use should either call 0345 456 4564, or Crime Stoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
The police can also be contacted at www.cambs.police.uk website where a message can be sent to the team 24 hours a day.