Police charge collision driver with three offences
- Credit: Fen Cops
A suspected drink/drug driver was arrested in Wisbech yesterday after crashing into another car.
The man, 45, was arrested near the scene.
Police said they attended the collision in Grosvenor Road at around 3.30pm.
“The man was arrested nearby for driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs,” said a spokesperson.
“He was also arrested for failing to stop at the scene of a collision.”
He was taken to the police investigation centre at King’s Lynn for further questioning.
He has been charged with:
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 9 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
1: Failing to stop at the scene of a collision
2: Driving otherwise than in accordance with a driving licence
3: Failing to provide a specimen of breath for analysis.
The driver has been bailed to court at a later date
The owner of the vehicle the man hit says damage to her car was more extensive
Police advised that “you can report drink drivers on our hotline”.
The number is 0800 032 0845. In an emergency though always call 999