Police charge collision driver with three offences
- Credit: Fen Cops
A suspected drink/drug driver was arrested in Wisbech yesterday after crashing into another car.
The man, 45, was arrested near the scene.
Police said they attended the collision in Grosvenor Road at around 3.30pm.
“The man was arrested nearby for driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs,” said a spokesperson.
“He was also arrested for failing to stop at the scene of a collision.”
He was taken to the police investigation centre at King’s Lynn for further questioning.
He has been charged with:
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 10 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
1: Failing to stop at the scene of a collision
2: Driving otherwise than in accordance with a driving licence
3: Failing to provide a specimen of breath for analysis.
The driver has been bailed to court at a later date
The owner of the vehicle the man hit says damage to her car was more extensive
Police advised that “you can report drink drivers on our hotline”.
The number is 0800 032 0845. In an emergency though always call 999