Police decide two men arrested on suspicion of Alisa's murder are no longer suspects

PUBLISHED: 10:48 15 August 2012 | UPDATED: 15:03 15 August 2012

An article from the Daily Mail on Alisa Dmitrijeva and Wisbech.

An article from the Daily Mail on Alisa Dmitrijeva and Wisbech.

Archant

TWO men from Wisbech area have been told they are no longer under arrest on suspicion of murdering Alisa Dmitrijeva.

The men, aged 28 and 31, were arrested in King’s Lynn on May 1 on suspicion of the murdering the 17-year-old.

Miss Dmitrijeva’s remains were found by a dog walker in a copse on arable land near the Queen’s estate at Anmer on New Year’s Day.

A DNA profile and a palm print identified the remains as those of 17-year-old Alisa, who was reported missing from Wisbech on September 6 last year.

A police statement released this week said of the two men: “They have been informed that they are no longer under arrest in relation to her murder.

“However, they remain on bail and the investigation continues with a view to a file being submitted to Crown Prosecution Service with regards to any other offences that may have been committed in connection with Alisa’s death.

“Her death is still being treated as suspicious. The two men have been bailed until September.”

Originally from Riga in Latvia, Miss Dmitrijeva arrived in England two years ago when her father Olegs and her younger sister Viktorija came to live with her grandmother in a rented semi-detached house in Wisbech.

Although the last confirmed sighting of her was on August 31, detectives also believe she had attended a beach party at Snettisham on the night of August 30.

Officers searched the beach in January for clues, including Miss Dmitrijeva’s mobile phone, which has not yet been recovered.

Her body was cremated in King’s Lynn and transported to Latvia where the ashes were interred in a cemetery just outside Riga.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Wisbech Standard