Police crack down on illegal parking in Wisbech town centre
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have been busy issuing parking tickets around Wisbech town centre over the weekend.
The Crescent, Orange Grove, North Brink, Church Terrace are just some of the places where cars have been found illegally parked.
“Please ensure you take advantage of the large amount of free parking in Wisbech town to reduce traffic issues and avoid these kinds of fines,” said a police spokesman.
Councillor Alan Lay, who also noticed a dozen illegally parked cars whilst out shopping in Wisbech the previous weekend, said: “The pictures show what a complete shambles and deliberate act of many motorists ignoring and flouting the most basic traffic rules.
“This scenario is totally unacceptable. I notice that an easy target of litter louts is being pursued, so easy because almost everyone drops litter from time to time.
You may also want to watch:
“But why not the same incentive towards bad parking? From last Saturdays example, I estimate that fines of over £1,000 per hour could easily have been obtained.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide