Police crack down on illegal parking in Wisbech town centre
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have been busy issuing parking tickets around Wisbech town centre over the weekend.
The Crescent, Orange Grove, North Brink, Church Terrace are just some of the places where cars have been found illegally parked.
“Please ensure you take advantage of the large amount of free parking in Wisbech town to reduce traffic issues and avoid these kinds of fines,” said a police spokesman.
Councillor Alan Lay, who also noticed a dozen illegally parked cars whilst out shopping in Wisbech the previous weekend, said: “The pictures show what a complete shambles and deliberate act of many motorists ignoring and flouting the most basic traffic rules.
“This scenario is totally unacceptable. I notice that an easy target of litter louts is being pursued, so easy because almost everyone drops litter from time to time.
You may also want to watch:
“But why not the same incentive towards bad parking? From last Saturdays example, I estimate that fines of over £1,000 per hour could easily have been obtained.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash