Police crack down on illegal parking in Wisbech town centre
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have been busy issuing parking tickets around Wisbech town centre over the weekend.
The Crescent, Orange Grove, North Brink, Church Terrace are just some of the places where cars have been found illegally parked.
“Please ensure you take advantage of the large amount of free parking in Wisbech town to reduce traffic issues and avoid these kinds of fines,” said a police spokesman.
Councillor Alan Lay, who also noticed a dozen illegally parked cars whilst out shopping in Wisbech the previous weekend, said: “The pictures show what a complete shambles and deliberate act of many motorists ignoring and flouting the most basic traffic rules.
“This scenario is totally unacceptable. I notice that an easy target of litter louts is being pursued, so easy because almost everyone drops litter from time to time.
You may also want to watch:
“But why not the same incentive towards bad parking? From last Saturdays example, I estimate that fines of over £1,000 per hour could easily have been obtained.”
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka