Police arrest four people for drink and drug driving in separate Wisbech incidents
- Credit: Archant
Police in Wisbech made four arrests for drink and drug driving on Saturday (22) night.
“Officers stopped a vehicle on West Street in Wisbech and the driver failed the road side breath test,” said a police spokesman.
“The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre (PIC). His vehicle was also seized and recovered for having no insurance.
“A driver was then stopped by a Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit on Cromwell Road and the driver was arrested for drug driving - he was also taken to he PIC.
“RPU then found another vehicle on Lynn Road and, after a short foot chase, the driver was arrested for drink driving. That driver was also taken to the PIC. The vehicle was also seized and recovered.
You may also want to watch:
“A female was also arrested for being drunk and disorderly in Wisbech. She was taken to the PIC. The female was also further arrested for drug offences.
“Inquiries continue on all the above incidents.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease