Police arrest four people for drink and drug driving in separate Wisbech incidents
- Credit: Archant
Police in Wisbech made four arrests for drink and drug driving on Saturday (22) night.
“Officers stopped a vehicle on West Street in Wisbech and the driver failed the road side breath test,” said a police spokesman.
“The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre (PIC). His vehicle was also seized and recovered for having no insurance.
“A driver was then stopped by a Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit on Cromwell Road and the driver was arrested for drug driving - he was also taken to he PIC.
“RPU then found another vehicle on Lynn Road and, after a short foot chase, the driver was arrested for drink driving. That driver was also taken to the PIC. The vehicle was also seized and recovered.
You may also want to watch:
“A female was also arrested for being drunk and disorderly in Wisbech. She was taken to the PIC. The female was also further arrested for drug offences.
“Inquiries continue on all the above incidents.”
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’