Police arrest four people for drink and drug driving in separate Wisbech incidents
- Credit: Archant
Police in Wisbech made four arrests for drink and drug driving on Saturday (22) night.
“Officers stopped a vehicle on West Street in Wisbech and the driver failed the road side breath test,” said a police spokesman.
“The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre (PIC). His vehicle was also seized and recovered for having no insurance.
“A driver was then stopped by a Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit on Cromwell Road and the driver was arrested for drug driving - he was also taken to he PIC.
“RPU then found another vehicle on Lynn Road and, after a short foot chase, the driver was arrested for drink driving. That driver was also taken to the PIC. The vehicle was also seized and recovered.
You may also want to watch:
“A female was also arrested for being drunk and disorderly in Wisbech. She was taken to the PIC. The female was also further arrested for drug offences.
“Inquiries continue on all the above incidents.”
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police