Police arrest four people for drink and drug driving in separate Wisbech incidents
- Credit: Archant
Police in Wisbech made four arrests for drink and drug driving on Saturday (22) night.
“Officers stopped a vehicle on West Street in Wisbech and the driver failed the road side breath test,” said a police spokesman.
“The driver was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre (PIC). His vehicle was also seized and recovered for having no insurance.
“A driver was then stopped by a Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit on Cromwell Road and the driver was arrested for drug driving - he was also taken to he PIC.
“RPU then found another vehicle on Lynn Road and, after a short foot chase, the driver was arrested for drink driving. That driver was also taken to the PIC. The vehicle was also seized and recovered.
You may also want to watch:
“A female was also arrested for being drunk and disorderly in Wisbech. She was taken to the PIC. The female was also further arrested for drug offences.
“Inquiries continue on all the above incidents.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 5 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 6 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 7 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 8 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic