Police arrest drunk driver who jumped red light and ended up crashing car into Colletts Bridge, Elm after police chase
- Credit: Archant
A driver who jumped a red light traffic in Wisbech fled with police in hot pursuit across the Norfolk border before crashing into a bridge at Elm.
The incident happened just before 10pm on Friday night when a police patrol car saw the vehicle jump a red traffic light on Churchill Road.
A police spokesman said: “The vehicle was stopped by officers but before they could deal with the driver he made off.
“A managed police pursuit commenced. The pursuit ended up heading towards the Norfolk area. The vehicle then crashed as it turned onto Colletts Bridge.”
One male was arrested at the scene for dangerous driving, failing to stop and for being unfit through drink or drugs.
The spokesman said: “The male was taken to the police investigation centre at Kings Lynn where an evidential breath test was under taken. The driver gave a reading of 97, limit 35.”
The vehicle was taken away – police say inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash