Police arrest drunk driver who jumped red light and ended up crashing car into Colletts Bridge, Elm after police chase
- Credit: Archant
A driver who jumped a red light traffic in Wisbech fled with police in hot pursuit across the Norfolk border before crashing into a bridge at Elm.
The incident happened just before 10pm on Friday night when a police patrol car saw the vehicle jump a red traffic light on Churchill Road.
A police spokesman said: “The vehicle was stopped by officers but before they could deal with the driver he made off.
“A managed police pursuit commenced. The pursuit ended up heading towards the Norfolk area. The vehicle then crashed as it turned onto Colletts Bridge.”
One male was arrested at the scene for dangerous driving, failing to stop and for being unfit through drink or drugs.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “The male was taken to the police investigation centre at Kings Lynn where an evidential breath test was under taken. The driver gave a reading of 97, limit 35.”
The vehicle was taken away – police say inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began