Police arrest drunk driver who jumped red light and ended up crashing car into Colletts Bridge, Elm after police chase
- Credit: Archant
A driver who jumped a red light traffic in Wisbech fled with police in hot pursuit across the Norfolk border before crashing into a bridge at Elm.
The incident happened just before 10pm on Friday night when a police patrol car saw the vehicle jump a red traffic light on Churchill Road.
A police spokesman said: “The vehicle was stopped by officers but before they could deal with the driver he made off.
“A managed police pursuit commenced. The pursuit ended up heading towards the Norfolk area. The vehicle then crashed as it turned onto Colletts Bridge.”
One male was arrested at the scene for dangerous driving, failing to stop and for being unfit through drink or drugs.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “The male was taken to the police investigation centre at Kings Lynn where an evidential breath test was under taken. The driver gave a reading of 97, limit 35.”
The vehicle was taken away – police say inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller