Police arrest drunk driver who jumped red light and ended up crashing car into Colletts Bridge, Elm after police chase
- Credit: Archant
A driver who jumped a red light traffic in Wisbech fled with police in hot pursuit across the Norfolk border before crashing into a bridge at Elm.
The incident happened just before 10pm on Friday night when a police patrol car saw the vehicle jump a red traffic light on Churchill Road.
A police spokesman said: “The vehicle was stopped by officers but before they could deal with the driver he made off.
“A managed police pursuit commenced. The pursuit ended up heading towards the Norfolk area. The vehicle then crashed as it turned onto Colletts Bridge.”
One male was arrested at the scene for dangerous driving, failing to stop and for being unfit through drink or drugs.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: “The male was taken to the police investigation centre at Kings Lynn where an evidential breath test was under taken. The driver gave a reading of 97, limit 35.”
The vehicle was taken away – police say inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare