Police arrest drink driver in Coblands, Wisbech - and find a large knife in the process
- Credit: Archant
A knife with a nine inch blade was discovered by police after they arrested a man for drink driving in Wisbech.
Officers on patrol saw a white Ford transit van hit a road sign while it was reversing in Coblands.
Police spoke with the driver who admitted he had been drinking.
The driver failed the road side breath test blowing 48 - whereas the legal limit is 35.
The man was arrested and a large knife was also seen in the door bin of the van.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at around 12.40am this morning (August 2) to reports that a van was driving erratically on the Coblands, Wisbech.
“A 31-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested at the scene on suspicion of drink driving and remains in custody at King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 5 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 8 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
Inquiries are ongoing this morning.