Police arrest drink driver in Coblands, Wisbech - and find a large knife in the process
- Credit: Archant
A knife with a nine inch blade was discovered by police after they arrested a man for drink driving in Wisbech.
Officers on patrol saw a white Ford transit van hit a road sign while it was reversing in Coblands.
Police spoke with the driver who admitted he had been drinking.
The driver failed the road side breath test blowing 48 - whereas the legal limit is 35.
The man was arrested and a large knife was also seen in the door bin of the van.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We were called at around 12.40am this morning (August 2) to reports that a van was driving erratically on the Coblands, Wisbech.
“A 31-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested at the scene on suspicion of drink driving and remains in custody at King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
Inquiries are ongoing this morning.