Police arrest drink driver in Coblands, Wisbech - and find a large knife in the process
- Credit: Archant
A knife with a nine inch blade was discovered by police after they arrested a man for drink driving in Wisbech.
Officers on patrol saw a white Ford transit van hit a road sign while it was reversing in Coblands.
Police spoke with the driver who admitted he had been drinking.
The driver failed the road side breath test blowing 48 - whereas the legal limit is 35.
The man was arrested and a large knife was also seen in the door bin of the van.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We were called at around 12.40am this morning (August 2) to reports that a van was driving erratically on the Coblands, Wisbech.
“A 31-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested at the scene on suspicion of drink driving and remains in custody at King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
Inquiries are ongoing this morning.