Police are ‘keeping an open mind’ as to whether two Wisbech incidents from this weekend are linked
- Credit: Google Street View
Police say they ‘are keeping an open mind’ as to whether the death of a man in Wisbech is connected to an assault on the same street the next day.
Officers were called to reports of a sudden death at a house in Oil Mill Lane just after 6:30pm on Saturday (July 25).
The man’s death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be passed to the coroner.
On Sunday afternoon (July 26), police cordoned off Oil Mill Lane after officers were called to reports of suspicious activity and found a man in his 40s and a woman in her 60s had been assaulted.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesperson said the pair had allegedly been assaulted by up to four men and left with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We are keeping an open mind as to whether the two incidents are linked, but cannot say for definite either way at this stage.”
Both the man and woman were taken to hospital.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 9 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 10 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
He is still in hospital while the woman has since been discharged.
An investigation has been launched and anyone with information is urged to report this online or call 101, quoting incident 313 of 26 July.