Police appeal launched following collision near Waterbeach
- Credit: Google Street View
Officers are appealing for information after a serious collision involving a motorbike and two cars near Waterbeach.
The incident happened just after 4pm on Sunday (September 28).
A red Yamaha motorcycle was travelling south on Clayhithe Road when it lost control and collided with a bronze Honda Civic and a green Volkswagen Polo on the opposite side of the road.
The motorcycle rider, a 16-year-old boy, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he remains with serious injuries which are not considered life-threatening.
The drivers of the Honda and Volkswagen, both men, were not injured and stopped at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now looking to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the motorcyclist before it.
They are particularly keen to hear from two motorcyclists who were in the area at the time of the collision but did not stop at the scene.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
Anyone with information, or dash cam footage, is urged to contact police via web chat or by calling 101, quoting incident number 279 of September 28.