Police appeal: Assault and theft
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted on the A47 close to the Thorney Service Station and the roundabout with the A141.The assault happened at 9.20am on Thursday, February 21.Two men driving a white Mercedes Sprinter van were seen
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted on the A47 close to the Thorney Service Station and the roundabout with the A141.
The assault happened at 9.20am on Thursday, February 21.
Two men driving a white Mercedes Sprinter van were seen by a charity worker collecting charity bags in the Witchford area.
The charity worker, a 41 year old man, followed the van and pulled them over on the A47.
You may also want to watch:
The charity worker discovered the bags in the back of the vehicle and asked the men to remain there while he called the police.
The charity worker was then assaulted by one of the men. He's described as white, between 41 and 60 years old, between 6' and 6'4" tall with a heavy build. He was wearing a high visibility jacket.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
PC Dilloway, investigating, said: "The A47 would have been busy at this time and we would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the assault take place.
"We would also like to hear from anyone who may have seen the men taking the charity bags from outside properties in the Witchford area."
Anyone with any information can contact PC Dilloway at Wisbech Police Station on 0845 456 456 4 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.