Police appeal after man dies in fatal collision in Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man died in a collision on the A47 at Swaffham yesterday
Officers were called to the scene at 1.44pm after a white Renault Master van, travelling towards King’s Lynn, left the road and collided with a tree.
Emergency services, including fire, ambulance and the air ambulance attended, but sadly the driver aged in his 40s was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed while the incident was dealt with and later re-opened shortly before 6pm.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the van travelling on the A47 or witnessed the vehicle leaving the road.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 6 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 7 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow