Police appeal after man dies in fatal collision in Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man died in a collision on the A47 at Swaffham yesterday
Officers were called to the scene at 1.44pm after a white Renault Master van, travelling towards King’s Lynn, left the road and collided with a tree.
Emergency services, including fire, ambulance and the air ambulance attended, but sadly the driver aged in his 40s was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed while the incident was dealt with and later re-opened shortly before 6pm.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the van travelling on the A47 or witnessed the vehicle leaving the road.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown