Plea to Leverington residents to support new campaign for village play area
A CHRISTMAS plea has gone out to residents in Leverington to offer a couple of hours of their time each month to support a campaign to get a new play area in the village. In order to make the dream a reality the campaigners desperately need a few parents
A CHRISTMAS plea has gone out to residents in Leverington to offer a couple of hours of their time each month to support a campaign to get a new play area in the village.
In order to make the dream a reality the campaigners desperately need a few parents to come forward and offer their help.
The group already has the support of the parish council and the Sports and Social Club committee, but they need at least four villagers to show their support for the project, because if not, it will not succeed.
Sarah Davey who is at the forefront of the campaign, said: "I know that with Christmas virtually upon us, probably the last thing on everyone's mind is the summer, but even though we did not obtain the original funding, we are still campaigning for a play area in the village.
"In order for us to be successful in getting funding, we desperately need a few parents to come forward and offer their help.
"All we need is your time, a couple of hours a month. That's all."
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 7 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 8 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 9 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
- 10 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
She added: The children desperately need somewhere safe to play and I know that the parents I have spoken to believe this to be an excellent idea, but it will only remain an idea if we don't get the support.
"The appeal has appeared in the Leverington Newsletter for the past two months but the parish council has no response.
"Please come forward and help this very worthwhile cause."
If you are interested in offering your help contact Sarah on 07900 961727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.