Plea to Leverington residents to support new campaign for village play area
A CHRISTMAS plea has gone out to residents in Leverington to offer a couple of hours of their time each month to support a campaign to get a new play area in the village. In order to make the dream a reality the campaigners desperately need a few parents
A CHRISTMAS plea has gone out to residents in Leverington to offer a couple of hours of their time each month to support a campaign to get a new play area in the village.
In order to make the dream a reality the campaigners desperately need a few parents to come forward and offer their help.
The group already has the support of the parish council and the Sports and Social Club committee, but they need at least four villagers to show their support for the project, because if not, it will not succeed.
Sarah Davey who is at the forefront of the campaign, said: "I know that with Christmas virtually upon us, probably the last thing on everyone's mind is the summer, but even though we did not obtain the original funding, we are still campaigning for a play area in the village.
You may also want to watch:
"In order for us to be successful in getting funding, we desperately need a few parents to come forward and offer their help.
"All we need is your time, a couple of hours a month. That's all."
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 3 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 4 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
She added: The children desperately need somewhere safe to play and I know that the parents I have spoken to believe this to be an excellent idea, but it will only remain an idea if we don't get the support.
"The appeal has appeared in the Leverington Newsletter for the past two months but the parish council has no response.
"Please come forward and help this very worthwhile cause."
If you are interested in offering your help contact Sarah on 07900 961727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.