Plea to Leverington residents to support new campaign for village play area
A CHRISTMAS plea has gone out to residents in Leverington to offer a couple of hours of their time each month to support a campaign to get a new play area in the village. In order to make the dream a reality the campaigners desperately need a few parents
A CHRISTMAS plea has gone out to residents in Leverington to offer a couple of hours of their time each month to support a campaign to get a new play area in the village.
In order to make the dream a reality the campaigners desperately need a few parents to come forward and offer their help.
The group already has the support of the parish council and the Sports and Social Club committee, but they need at least four villagers to show their support for the project, because if not, it will not succeed.
Sarah Davey who is at the forefront of the campaign, said: "I know that with Christmas virtually upon us, probably the last thing on everyone's mind is the summer, but even though we did not obtain the original funding, we are still campaigning for a play area in the village.
You may also want to watch:
"In order for us to be successful in getting funding, we desperately need a few parents to come forward and offer their help.
"All we need is your time, a couple of hours a month. That's all."
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
She added: The children desperately need somewhere safe to play and I know that the parents I have spoken to believe this to be an excellent idea, but it will only remain an idea if we don't get the support.
"The appeal has appeared in the Leverington Newsletter for the past two months but the parish council has no response.
"Please come forward and help this very worthwhile cause."
If you are interested in offering your help contact Sarah on 07900 961727 or email email@example.com.