Plea to Leverington residents to support new campaign for village play area
A CHRISTMAS plea has gone out to residents in Leverington to offer a couple of hours of their time each month to support a campaign to get a new play area in the village. In order to make the dream a reality the campaigners desperately need a few parents
A CHRISTMAS plea has gone out to residents in Leverington to offer a couple of hours of their time each month to support a campaign to get a new play area in the village.
In order to make the dream a reality the campaigners desperately need a few parents to come forward and offer their help.
The group already has the support of the parish council and the Sports and Social Club committee, but they need at least four villagers to show their support for the project, because if not, it will not succeed.
Sarah Davey who is at the forefront of the campaign, said: "I know that with Christmas virtually upon us, probably the last thing on everyone's mind is the summer, but even though we did not obtain the original funding, we are still campaigning for a play area in the village.
You may also want to watch:
"In order for us to be successful in getting funding, we desperately need a few parents to come forward and offer their help.
"All we need is your time, a couple of hours a month. That's all."
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 7 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 8 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
She added: The children desperately need somewhere safe to play and I know that the parents I have spoken to believe this to be an excellent idea, but it will only remain an idea if we don't get the support.
"The appeal has appeared in the Leverington Newsletter for the past two months but the parish council has no response.
"Please come forward and help this very worthwhile cause."
If you are interested in offering your help contact Sarah on 07900 961727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.