Play Your Hospice Lottery to win £1,000 whilst helping fund care for local people
- Credit: Archant
Residents of Wisbech, the Fens and surrounding areas are being invited to play Your Hospice Lottery, to help raise funds for the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre based at North Cambs Hospital.
The treatment centre, an Arthur Rank Hospice Charity service, supports people with life-limiting conditions and its care is provided free of charge, thanks to the support of the local community.
Your Hospice Lottery has worked in partnership with the Arthur Rank Hospice since 2011, having since raised more than £700,000 for the charity, helping to fund services delivered from its Great Shelford facility and across Cambridgeshire via the Arthur Rank Community Team.
Dawn Easby, of the hospice, said: “The Your Hospice Lottery team are now in the Wisbech area, appealing for those who would like to play for just £1 per number per week.
“There are over 130 weekly cash prizes guaranteed, ranging from £1000 down to £10, plus a rollover jackpot, which if not won increases by £250 each week up to a maximum of £10,000.
You may also want to watch:
“Matron and clinical nurse specialis, Michelle Knight who manages the treatment centre said: “Many of our patients and their families have already signed up as they understand the very real impact our care has on their daily lives and we hope those living in the local area will soon follow suit. It really is a win-win result for all who choose to take part.”
Eight million pounds has been raised so far by Your Hospice Lottery, which works with nine other hospices around the country.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Alex Howe, head of lottery, said: ““Your Hospice Lottery has proved extremely popular in and around Cambridge since it launched a partnership with Arthur Rank Hospice Charity six years ago.
“ We are delighted to be able to now extend the lottery to the area covered by the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre and can’t wait to see winners emerging soon from Wisbech, Fenland and the surrounding areas.”
If you would like to play Your Hospice Lottery in support of the Alan Hudson Day Treatment and Arthur Rank Hospice, visit www.yourhospicelottery.org.uk/hospices/arthur-rank-hospice.aspx or call 0800 285 1390 for more information.
Players are able to sign up online to play by direct debit. Lottery players must be 16 or over.