Play day fun for families in Wisbech - and it was all free
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children and families enjoyed a fun packed day out at the Wisbech Adventure Playground to celebrate a national play day.
The town’s event was organised by Cambridgeshire County Council’s teams.
There was a huge range of free activities for everyone, including a bouncy castle, disco, BBQ, resident artists, people and animals and police cadets stands.
There was den building, junk modelling, tombola, face painting, bead and necklace making and a water slide as well as all the adventure play activities always available at the playground.
Councillor Steve Tierney and former councillor Virginia Bucknor attended to open the brand new pavilion.
You may also want to watch:
There were also representatives from the Clarion Housing Group, which had funded the new playground installation.
They also funded a new trampoline and new furnishings for the play barge.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 5 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 10 Teacher’s 1,000 press-ups charity challenge in friend's memory
National Playday is an annual event that celebrates children’s play. It is into its 30th year.
It is the biggest play sector event in the UK and as well as a celebration of children’s right to play, it is a campaign that highlights the importance of play in children’s lives.