Plans to build 24 flats and 12 business units refused
PLANS to build 24 flats and 12 business units in Wisbech were turned down by Fenland District Council s Planning Committee this week. The flats and units were to be built at land south of Gordon Court, on Sandall Road and 48 parking spaces were to be crea
PLANS to build 24 flats and 12 business units in Wisbech were turned down by Fenland District Council's Planning Committee this week.
The flats and units were to be built at land south of Gordon Court, on Sandall Road and 48 parking spaces were to be created.
The application came from Anglia Corporation Holdings Ltd.
The plans had been approved by the local parish council, but the planning officer's report concluded that, "The propose development would lead to the loss of employment land and is not sympathetic to the character and amenities of the locality."
You may also want to watch:
The officer added: "The proposed residential development is also likely to subject of environmental pollution due to the existing industrial commercial uses."
Councillors voted in favour of the planning officer's recommendations when they refused the application on Wednesday.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden