Plans to build 24 flats and 12 business units refused
PLANS to build 24 flats and 12 business units in Wisbech were turned down by Fenland District Council s Planning Committee this week. The flats and units were to be built at land south of Gordon Court, on Sandall Road and 48 parking spaces were to be crea
PLANS to build 24 flats and 12 business units in Wisbech were turned down by Fenland District Council's Planning Committee this week.
The flats and units were to be built at land south of Gordon Court, on Sandall Road and 48 parking spaces were to be created.
The application came from Anglia Corporation Holdings Ltd.
The plans had been approved by the local parish council, but the planning officer's report concluded that, "The propose development would lead to the loss of employment land and is not sympathetic to the character and amenities of the locality."
You may also want to watch:
The officer added: "The proposed residential development is also likely to subject of environmental pollution due to the existing industrial commercial uses."
Councillors voted in favour of the planning officer's recommendations when they refused the application on Wednesday.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 6 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 7 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 8 Late antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories