Plans to build 24 flats and 12 business units refused
PLANS to build 24 flats and 12 business units in Wisbech were turned down by Fenland District Council s Planning Committee this week. The flats and units were to be built at land south of Gordon Court, on Sandall Road and 48 parking spaces were to be crea
PLANS to build 24 flats and 12 business units in Wisbech were turned down by Fenland District Council's Planning Committee this week.
The flats and units were to be built at land south of Gordon Court, on Sandall Road and 48 parking spaces were to be created.
The application came from Anglia Corporation Holdings Ltd.
The plans had been approved by the local parish council, but the planning officer's report concluded that, "The propose development would lead to the loss of employment land and is not sympathetic to the character and amenities of the locality."
You may also want to watch:
The officer added: "The proposed residential development is also likely to subject of environmental pollution due to the existing industrial commercial uses."
Councillors voted in favour of the planning officer's recommendations when they refused the application on Wednesday.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week