Plans to build 24 flats and 12 business units refused
PLANS to build 24 flats and 12 business units in Wisbech were turned down by Fenland District Council s Planning Committee this week. The flats and units were to be built at land south of Gordon Court, on Sandall Road and 48 parking spaces were to be crea
PLANS to build 24 flats and 12 business units in Wisbech were turned down by Fenland District Council's Planning Committee this week.
The flats and units were to be built at land south of Gordon Court, on Sandall Road and 48 parking spaces were to be created.
The application came from Anglia Corporation Holdings Ltd.
The plans had been approved by the local parish council, but the planning officer's report concluded that, "The propose development would lead to the loss of employment land and is not sympathetic to the character and amenities of the locality."
You may also want to watch:
The officer added: "The proposed residential development is also likely to subject of environmental pollution due to the existing industrial commercial uses."
Councillors voted in favour of the planning officer's recommendations when they refused the application on Wednesday.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in