Up to 14 could live in one HMO in Wisbech - but in another part of town an HMO could be turned into flats
- Credit: Archant
Fourteen people – up nine – could live at 310 Churchill Road, Wisbech, if plans to extend the house in multiple occupation (HMO) wins approval from Fenland Council.
The council is considering an application to build a single level extension to the detached house that was officially recognised as an HMO only a year ago when a retrospective change of use was granted.
The owners promise a new access to three more parking bays to the three they already exist.
When council officers visited last year ahead of the retrospective approval, they agreed it met housing policies and accepted national guidelines that suggest HMOs traditionally need fewer parking spaces than owner occupied homes..
At 74 Ramnoth Road, Wisbech, the planning department is considering an altogether different application involving the ending of HMO status with a proposal to convert the house into four flats by adding a two-storey extension.
You may also want to watch:
A design and access statement says the conversion would result in the ending of a seven-bed HMO and instead would create two two-bed flats and two one-bed flats.
“The proposal involves the demolition of a single level section of the building and its replacement with a small 2-level extension,” say the architects.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph