Places available on two arts courses being held in Wisbech from September
- Credit: Archant
Creative activities helped many people get through the coronavirus lockdown - and two part-time arts courses are set to take place in Wisbech from September.
Fenland Community Arts (FCA) is organising the year-long courses in printing and digital art and designs with participants achieving an official qualification.
Previous students have gone on to employment and have even sold their pieces of their work afterwards.
The courses are for adults aged 19+.
Syrah Arnold, who coordinates the courses, said: “Witnessing the positive changes in people through creative courses is amazing – I hope that we will be able to welcome some new faces to the next two yearlong courses here in Wisbech. We still have places left – contact us!”
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the coronavirus pandemic, FCA has kept their courses going through an online platform.
But they are keen to get back into local community centres as soon as possible and say they will ensure government guidelines are followed to keep learners and staff safe.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
FCA is part of Cambridge Community Arts and has organised 18 courses in March and Wisbech since 2018.
For more information about the courses in Wisbech visit the Cambridge Community Arts website or call 07763 280029.