'Pirate' in court
A WOMAN found dressed as a pirate and wielding a knife and drinking alcohol on the Freedom Bridge roundabout in Wisbech is to be assessed, to see if she is suitable for mental health and alcohol treatment. At an earlier hearing, magistrates heard Dixon wa
A WOMAN found dressed as a pirate and wielding a knife and drinking alcohol on the Freedom Bridge roundabout in Wisbech is to be assessed, to see if she is suitable for mental health and alcohol treatment.
At an earlier hearing, magistrates heard Dixon was dressed in a pirate's hat, striped trousers and a long coat on the day she was seen with the kitchen knife.
She told police she had gone on to the roundabout to talk to the rabbits, and had found the knife among the decorative rocks.
Dixon had also admitted being drunk and disorderly at the Rose and Crown Hotel, in Wisbech, and stealing audio tapes, an ink cartridge and a wallet belonging to the Hotel's owner Jonathan Davies.
You may also want to watch:
She had been banned from the hotel at the time, and was found under a table, filling a bag with the stolen items. When prevented from leaving, Dixon kicked out and waved a violin around.
Solicitor Kay Younas told Fenland magistrates this week: "It was a one-off incident. She was going through a very traumatic time."
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
Sentencing was adjourned until March 12, for the probation service to assess Dixon's suitability for a mental health treatment requirement and an alcohol treatment requirement as part of a community penalty.