Pilot for adult learning courses in Wisbech receives ‘overwhelming support’
- Credit: FDC
New courses have been launched in Wisbech to help those struggling to gain employment get new skills and qualifications.
The courses run by Cambridgeshire Adult Learning and Skills lead to qualifications in customer services, business administration, hospitality, confidence for work and life, ESOL and independent skills.
Bosses say the pilot has had an overwhelming response, with 19 people expressing interest in attending the customer service course alone, which took place at The Boathouse.
Councilor Steve Criswell said: "We're really pleased with how this pilot programme is going, and how it continues to grow.
"These courses are allowing residents in Wisbech to gain the essential skills and qualifications they need to get them back into employment.
You may also want to watch:
"As the pilot grows, we are scheduling further courses across other locations within Fenland to ensure that the opportunity of taking part in the pilot is maximised to its fullest potential.
The most recent course, the 15-week level 2 qualification for volunteers, is nearing completion after being held at the Oasis Centre.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
This course has been life changing for some of the learners, who have had the opportunity to continue to work with the People and Animals CIC which promotes animal assisted therapies.
The courses have been promoted through FDC, Clarion Futures, JCP, The Ferry Project (Luminous), Futures for You, The Oasis Centre and the Rosmini Centre.
For further information about the pilot and how to participate please contact adult learning and skills on email@example.com