Pike Textiles owner celebrates birthday by presenting NVQs to staff
WISBECH business owner Sylvia Pike celebrated her birthday by awarding 23 staff with NVQ certificates in Business Improvement Techniques. To gain the qualification, staff at Pike Textiles learned a range of problem-solving and lean manufacturing technique
WISBECH business owner Sylvia Pike celebrated her birthday by awarding 23 staff with NVQ certificates in Business Improvement Techniques.
To gain the qualification, staff at Pike Textiles learned a range of problem-solving and lean manufacturing techniques and then applied them to live projects in their own areas.
Working in teams, they completed 30 projects in nine months which have saved the company more than �50,000 in the first year.
Process flows were analysed and new layouts saved time and money, as operators found new ways to save time and reduce waste.
You may also want to watch:
Training was provided by Root2Lean and funded through the Government's Train to Gain scheme.
Managing Director Jon Allen congratulated staff on their accomplishment and said: "These new skills are the best antidote to the recession. By applying these skills every day to cut waste and save time we can steer a course through this recession."
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
Pike Textiles employs 75 people in manufacturing fabric and wallpaper pattern books, window blind sampling and ring binders.