Pike Textiles owner celebrates birthday by presenting NVQs to staff
WISBECH business owner Sylvia Pike celebrated her birthday by awarding 23 staff with NVQ certificates in Business Improvement Techniques. To gain the qualification, staff at Pike Textiles learned a range of problem-solving and lean manufacturing technique
WISBECH business owner Sylvia Pike celebrated her birthday by awarding 23 staff with NVQ certificates in Business Improvement Techniques.
To gain the qualification, staff at Pike Textiles learned a range of problem-solving and lean manufacturing techniques and then applied them to live projects in their own areas.
Working in teams, they completed 30 projects in nine months which have saved the company more than �50,000 in the first year.
Process flows were analysed and new layouts saved time and money, as operators found new ways to save time and reduce waste.
You may also want to watch:
Training was provided by Root2Lean and funded through the Government's Train to Gain scheme.
Managing Director Jon Allen congratulated staff on their accomplishment and said: "These new skills are the best antidote to the recession. By applying these skills every day to cut waste and save time we can steer a course through this recession."
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
Pike Textiles employs 75 people in manufacturing fabric and wallpaper pattern books, window blind sampling and ring binders.