PICTURE PREVIEW: Villagers prepare for the stunning Walpole St Peter Church flower festival
A FIVE-Day flower festival begins tomorrow (Saturday) in the Fens. It will be held at the stunning Walpole St Peter s Church. The 47th annual festival promises a feast of beautiful floral displays. And there s a host of other attractions including stalls
A FIVE-Day flower festival begins tomorrow (Saturday) in the Fens.
It will be held at the stunning Walpole St Peter's Church.
The 47th annual festival promises a feast of beautiful floral displays.
And there's a host of other attractions including stalls and games.
You may also want to watch:
And, of course, there are the homemade refreshments for which the festival is famous.
Also known as 'Queen of the Marshlands' and the 'Cathedral of the Fens' this is a very special church.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
It has also been described by Alec Clifton-Taylor as "probably the finest village church in England".
Prince Charles is a frequent visitor when staying at Sandringham.
Visitors come from all over the country to see the colourful and creative displays as well as admire the wonderful building.
The festival will be open between 9am and 6pm except Sunday.
On Sunday it is open from 12.15pm to 6pm.
Car parking and admission are free.
On Sunday there will be a festival Eucharist with the Bishop of Ely at 11am.
King's Lynn Town Band will be performing at 2pm.
There will be a Songs of Praise at 6pm.